NS Community Drum Circle
NS Community Drum Circle
On January 14, and continuing on the second Saturday of every month through the year, the North Shore Community Drum Circle resumes operation, and any & all are invited to come and give your spirit a way to make a joyful noise! All sessions start at 10am and go until noon, with time for conversation and refreshments. The cost is $20 per session, accompanied children under 12 are free, as are attendants for those with developmental challenges.
For more than five years, Lynn Valley United Church has hosted the only regular monthly Community Drum Circle on the North Shore. It has been an opportunity for you to put your hands into action to awaken your spirit... anyone and everyone can take part,with amazing health and wellness benefits for all, regardless of age, experience, mobility, or ability. While a new church has been under construction, the drum circle continued at Cedarview Lodge Care Centre, and it is with deep gratitude that LVUC extends a huge thanks to them for giving shelter to the drum circle while we waited for a new home to be built.
It is with great anticipation that the programs and services of Lynn Valley United Church move into a beautiful new church home, which coincides with the homecoming of Lyle Povah, a drumming and yoga instructor, facilitator, researcher, and practitioner. Lyle brings years of experience, knowledge and working to enhance individual and group well-being through drumming in community... and he has facilitated the North Shore Community Drum Circle in the past, so is well-know and well-loved!
If you have questions about this, or any music program at Lynn Valley United Church, please contact Music Director/Producer, Frank Chu.
some things people have said about drumming at LVUC...
- I am so glad I came! I need drumming in my life again -- it keeps me present in the rhythm of life, of heart beats and breath. I will be here again. I am grateful for this discovery--a gift!
- I am gaining so much from my experience with the drum circle. It is helping me in my recovery from pain after being struck by a car…..I look forward to the continuing positive experiences with the group.”
- Thank you so much for making my special needs client happy. After hearing you and the grouop playing drums, she became very happy and cheerful, and has a better day.
- The most wonderful morning I’ve spent with my children in a long time! I hope there will be more like this!! What a great idea!
- More drumming is always good. We need more places for community to come together and experience this wonderful vibration.
- This was an amazing experience that I absolutely loved being a part of. Everyone spoke the same language. Thank you!
- Thank you for an absolutely amazing time that truly touched my soul.
North Shore Community Drum Circle
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Lynn Valley United Church- 3201 Mountain Highway